.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Random musings from a Midwesterner in Beantown.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Green Line funding amendment passes! 


Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:29:09 -0000
From: "carls617"
Subject: Green Line Funding Amendment Passes!

I want to share some good news that happened this week at the
Statehouse.

The House of Representatives Wednesday night approved my budget
amendment to including funding for the environmental impact study
for the Green Line Extension! This is the critical next step to
keep this project moving forward.

It was a very difficult amendment to get included in the budget
considering the extremely tight fiscal times facing the state
budget. I was very happy to be able to give my first speech on the
floor of the House Chamber (known as a maiden speech) on the
importance of the Green Line extension.

I have received great feedback from colleagues who were alarmed to
hear of the statistics from our community on pollution, public
health hazards, and the lack of public transit, as well as the
history of this particular project and the legal commitments the
state has to Somerville & Medford.

For the full story on The Somerville News' website, go to
http://somervillenews.typepad.com/the_somerville_news/2005/04/sciorti
no_makes.html

The budget still needs to be approved by the Senate & Governor, and
I will be working with my colleagues in both branches to try to get
this through.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at the Statehouse
at (617) 722-2014, or csciortino@state.ma.us.

I will keep you updated as this moves through the rest of the budget
process.

Carl Sciortino
State Representative
Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?