.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Random musings from a Midwesterner in Beantown.

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Another claim to fame 

A couple years after Bob Talbert explored what defines a Michiganian, intrepid reporter Murray Dubin began investigating other lists circulating the web, and found my (and a few other folks' various) Shotgun Rules. My quote appears below.

I later tried to sell him on my web page on urinal etiquette, but he balked, claiming he wrote for a family newspaper. I still can't believe I actually used the word "codify" in a sentence...

Todd Van Hoosear, 28, a computer consultant from Boston, is one of the Web page rules disseminators. "I posted the Shotgun Rules about two years ago because we had used a simpler variation of them among my high school and college friends," he says. "I found it funny because someone actually spent the time to codify what were simply some vague, unwritten rules that so many of my friends followed."
Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?